A Vero Health Center Newsletter - Volume 55
Celebrating 5 Years of Vero!
It's our birthday month! July 10th is our official birthday, but we will be celerating and reflecting all month long. We are looking back on the incredible 5 years of business and all of the generous and supportive people that have been apart of this journey. Every day we look forward to working and collaborating together to provide the best care for our practice members and community.
Whether you have been with us from the beginning or if you just got started, we are so grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate with you! We have enjoyed every moment of this healing journey and look forward to the years to come.
We have had a year full of accomplishments. Here are some of our favorites:
- Handed out 700 pumpkin pies to our practice members for Thanksgiving
- Donated 938 food and non-food items to the Des Moines Area Religious Council
- Voted Best Chiropractor and Best Alternative Therapies by the Des Moines People's Choice
- Packaged nearly 8,500 meals at Meals from the Heartland
Keep Your Brain Healthy
A healthy brain helps us solve problems, control our emotions, deal with stress, and achieve our life goals. Just like we exercise other parts of our body, we need to pay extra attention to our brain to ensure it is functioning properly.
Here are a few tips:
- Avoid a high sugar diet. This can increase your risk of dementia.
- Keep your brain stimulated. Try playing daily games and puzzles.
- Get enough rest. Ideally, try to get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. Inadequate sleep is linked to slower thinking.
- Never stop learning. Continue to read about new things that interest you, learn a new skill, or pick up a hobby.
Want to do more for your brain health? Be sure to follow your care plan and get regularly adjusted! Adjustments help restore balance and function to your nervous system.
This month, we are partnering with the Grimes Storehouse for a "Christmas in July" drive to donate items to those seeking assistance. You can take part of bringing in non-perishable items and non-food items from July 5 through July 29. Some items that are needed right now are cereal, ramen noodles, laundry soap, and toilet paper. Thank you for helping us bring joy to our community!
Rachel was born and raised right here in West Des Moines! She received her B.A. in Health and Human Physiology with an emphasis on Health Promotion from the University of Iowa. Rachel holds an RYT® 200 certification and is an aspiring IAYT-certified Yoga Therapist. Outside of Vero, you can find Rachel on her yoga mat, grabbing brunch with friends or hanging with her pup, Vinny!
Rachel is one of our Evaluation Specialists. You can find her in one of our evaluation rooms. Be sure to say hello to her on your next visit!
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 9:00am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
Winners the past 4 years!