A Vero Health Center Newsletter - Volume 58
How to stay healthy this September
With August coming to a close, and back to school has only been in full force for a few weeks now. It is time to start considering some cold & flu prevention action!! We all know how quickly germs go around as soon as school starts up, below you will find some things that you can do NOW to help make sure that your household stays flu-free this year!
- Taking probiotics
- A daily dose of Vitamin D
- Eating fruits/vegetables with Vitamin C
- Staying hydrated
- A healthy diet
- Staying active
- Improving the air quality in your home
- Getting enough sleep at night
- Practice good hygiene
- Staying home if you do feel sick
Backs and Bleachers
As football season is about to be in full force, perhaps you are not looking forward to hours of sitting on uncomfortable bleachers that can lead to back pain. Here are some tips to help you this football season.
- Practice good posture: Sit with your back straight and shoulders back. Avoid straining one hip by keeping your weight balanced. Make sure your feet are always flat on the floor. Move frequently, switching positions every 30 minutes.
- Invest in a stadium seat: Look for a stadium seat that has plenty of cushion and a straight back.
- Visit the Chiropractor: If you have back pain caused by the bleachers, don't deny treatment. Save your back from the bleachers. Come to Vero for all your needs this football season!
Vero Has a New Home
We have officially moved to our new home, which is only a few minutes away from our old location. We will be right across the interstate, our building is the old Boxwoods Furniture. We are ready to continue to serve you and see more continued growth at Vero! Our new address is 630 S 50th St. West Des Moines, IA 50265. We can't wait to see you in our new home!
"Hello, I am Jeremy, I am from St. Louis, MO. So, naturally I am a St. Louis fan. Go Cards! I love working at Vero because of the team that surrounds me. I enjoy working with this team, they have high energy and are always focused on the practice members. I work hard to live out a life that is open, honest, and responsible to all around me. I can live out my values daily. In my free time, I like to spend it with my family. My wife, who is my best friend and our kids. I enjoy coffee, reading books on history, leadership, and spiritually. You can also catch me taking a nap on Sunday afternoons just because I can!
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 9:00am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
Winners the past 4 years!