Male hormones in West Des Moines IA
Hormones are messengers made in the body that tell the body’s systems what to do. In men, the sex hormone testosterone regulates many different systems involving reproduction, mood, bone density, cholesterol, weight, muscle-to-fat ratio, and more. Thyroid hormones in men are like spark plugs and play a role in metabolism and energy in West Des Moines IA and are also important to evaluate.
Hormones & SYMPTOMS in West Des Moines IA
Could my symptoms be related to low testosterone or low thyroid function? Men’s testosterone typically peaks between the ages of 20-30 and then begins to gradually decline. This process is called age-related low testosterone.
But it is not the only reason for testosterone to be low or out of balance. Our diet, weight gain, loss of muscle mass, stress, living a sedentary lifestyle, genetic predisposition, high blood sugar, and even some environmental factors can lower testosterone levels across the lifespan.
This Drop In Testosterone/Imbalance Can Lead To Life-Altering Symptoms:
- Low Energy
- Low Libido
- Sleep Disturbances
- Fatigue - especially in the afternoon
- Lack Of Motivation
- Decreased Strength/Endurance
- Weight Gain
- Belly Fat
- Muscle Mass Loss
- Difficulty Concentrating/Brain Fog
What are my next steps?
- Get a blood test through our office to measure your hormone levels.
- Meet with our practitioner to discuss your lab results, symptoms, and medical
- Decide if testosterone replacement therapy is right for you.
- If the answer is yes, an individualized treatment plan will be initiated and you
will be on your way to resolving your symptoms and restoring your quality of
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 9:00am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 2:00pm
Winners the past 4 years!