A Vero Health Center Newsletter - Volume 63
Happy Valentine's Day!
What is at the top of your Valentine's Day gift list this year? Are chocolates and flowers at the top? If so, try to mix it up. Encourage your special someone to start chiropractic care and sign them up for a complementary initial appointment!
Chiropractic care is the gift that keeps on giving and has many long-lasting benefits. This care helps reduce nerve interference. It will help your special someone experience greater overall health and well-being. This leads to fewer headaches, better sleep, improved range of motion, and so much more.
Regular chiropractic care can also help with a variety of health conditions such as: digestive discomfort, fatigue, and vertigo. As Valentine's Day is all about hearts, chiropractic care may improve heart health! Studies show that there is a direct correlation between regular adjustments and better blood pressure and circulation. This year, encourage your Valentine to come visit us!
5 Interesting Valentine's Day Facts
- In the 1300s, it officially became a holiday associated with love. At the end of the 15th century, Roman Pope Gelasius declared the date of February 14 "St. Valentine's Day"
- The oldest record of a valentine being sent was a poem written by a French medieval duke named Charles to his wife in 1415
- Americans send 145 million Valentine's Day cards each year
- The first heart-shaped box of chocolates was introduced in 1861 by Richard Cadbury. Today, more than 36 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold each year
- Each year, more than 6 million couples get engaged on Valentine's Day
Vote For Vero & Win
Des Moines' People's Choice awards are open for voting this month and we need your support! We will be awarding prizes to Practice Members who turn in proof of their voting submission (photos and screenshots accepted) to the Front Desk. Each vote will earn a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of our amazing prizes! Voting is open from February 6th to March 3rd- you can vote daily, giving lots of chances to be entered to win!
WDM Human Services Drive
We are excited to partner with the West Des Moines Human Services to collect personal care and clothing items for those in need. Please consider bringing personal care items for households in need including: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent, diapers, wipes, toilet paper, clothing for all ages, etc. We will begin accepting donations March 3rd and continue to do so through the end of April!
Meet Dr. Colby Nelson
Dr. Colby Nelson is originally from Audubon, Iowa. He attended Iowa State University where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. Dr. Colby then attended Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport where received his Doctorate of Chiropractic degree.
Fun Facts about Dr. Colby…
- I was involved in a “clinic abroad” program in Brazil while at Palmer College
- I enjoy coaching my son’s basketball & baseball teams
- I have gone bungee jumping and parasailing in Mexico
- I have 3 kids: Harper, Beckett & Quinn
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 9:00am
4:00pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 1:00pm
Winners the past 6 years!